SERVICING, MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS COSTS
Harrogate Automation carries out servicing, maintenance and repairs for existing and new customers of electric gates on the following basis:
A REPAIRS AND ONE-OFF SERVICING, MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS
|1. EXISTING CUSTOMERS WHERE THE GATES AND WORKS ARE UNDER WARRANTY|
|1. FREE REPAIRS (for parts and services see below)|
- CALL-OUT CHARGES FOR ONE OFF SERVICEING, MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS FOR EXISITNG CLIENTS (OUT OF WARRANTY) AND NEW CLIENTS
2.1 Engineer Call-Out charges
A call-out charge will apply whenever our engineers are called out to a property to examine, diagnose, repair, maintain and/or repair a gate or its automation system and the gate and/or its automation is not covered by a current warranty.
Our call out charges take into account the time taken for our engineers to travel to and from the property together with an hourly rate per engineer to attend to the work.
Type your postcode or address into the calculator below to see the likely cost of a call-out to your property:
Please Enter Your Location
* N.B. the above calculator uses the Google Maps Api and its functions may fluctuate slightly due to what time of day you use the calculator. Call us on 01423 560 053 to confirm an estimate for your specific job.
** In addition, please be aware that the above cost is calculated on the basis of the attendance of one engineer. Factors including safety, complexity of the job or the weight of items to be moved means that two engineers may be required for certain jobs and a two man call out rate will apply. Again, please call 01423 560 053 to confirm an estimate for your specific requirements.
Should replacement parts, spares or components be required to restore the equipment to the required operational standard, unless otherwise stated or agreed, these parts will be charged at current list prices.
2.3 Works Carried Out Outside Normal Working Hours
* The above call out rates are based upon work being carried out during Harrogate Automation’s Normal Working Hours (08:30 – 16:30). If you wish work to be carried out outside of Normal Working Hours this can usually be arranged but may result in additional charges being incurred.
Should any additional charges be required as a result of the specific circumstances of the work or location then these shall be notified and agreed with the customer before the work is carried out.
2.4 Terms And Conditions
All repairs, one-off services, maintenance and repairs will be carried out in accordance with Harrogate Automation Ltd’s Terms and Conditions. These are available on request.
B SERVICING AGREEMENT
- The Importance of Regular Servicing and Maintenance
It is advised that you keep your electric gates well maintained and regularly serviced. It is a requirement of all warranties for automation equipment that gates are kept in good working order and the warranties will become void if the gates not properly serviced. A regular service and maintenance will also prolong the life of your gates.
- A One-off Cost
We are happy to offer our new and existing clients an annual servicing agreement.
We ask the client to pay a one-off, upfront cost for the agreement. As the service offered will be tailored to your specific gate the price of the service and maintenance agreement will vary. The price will take into account various factors relating to the gate (for example, whether the gate is a commercial use gate with a large amount of daily traffic or a domestic gate). The type of gate, the kind of motors involved and the nature of the system installed will also be taken into account.
We will discuss these factors with you in advance and you will be given a clear, quoted price.
- What is Included
- A Full Service
A significant element in the pricing of the service depends upon the frequency of the servicing and maintenance that is recommended. Many domestic gates will only require a single annual service whereas a commercial gate with high traffic will usually require a minimum of 2 services per year. What will be carried as part of the service will be tailor to the individual gate but what is typically included in a service is set out below.
- Typical Undertaking During a Service/Safety Check
c.1 Automated Hinged and Sliding Gates
- Check general gate construction and hinges
- Check post construction
- Check all bolts, welds and fixings
- Lubrication of moving parts
c.1.1 Electrical Inspection
- Check motors, variable speed drives, hydraulic operators for conditions and correct operation
- Check for signs of overheating
- Check and clean control panel
- Check electrical connections
- Check integrity and security of cables
- Check operation of any fitted electrical safety device
- Check drainage of foundation boxes where applicable.
- Open, clean out and reseal of photocells, intercoms and keypads
- Check operation of loop detectors, safety switches or any limit switches and photo cells
- Check Radio receivers/ transmitters/ antennas/timers/ lights
c.1.2 Mechanical Inspection
- Check operation of gate
- Check operation of track and drive rack
- Check operation of fitted control devices and locking devices
- Check drive mechanism and any gearing
D: OUR COMMITMENT AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Our Commitment
As a professional company, we are committed to achieving the highest standards in quality of workmanship and maintenance packages that consistently meet the customer’s needs in maintaining the efficiency and reliability of their equipment and provide them with value for money. We actively encourage customer feedback to achieve these aims and ambitions.
At Harrogate Automation Ltd, it is our obligation to be aware of all current legislation regarding safe operations and maintenance of access control equipment.
Harrogate Automation Ltd engineers and staff receive regular and extensive product training, both in-house and at the product manufacturer’s works, covering all aspects and types of physical security equipment. Included within the training programme are regular updates on Health and Safety Legislation. The company training programme ensures that each engineer has the necessary knowledge to perform any repair both safely and competently.
- Spare Parts Back Up
Harrogate Automation Ltd maintains a large and varied range of spare parts at its base to back up the spares held by the service engineers. These stock types and levels are continually reviewed and monitored to reflect the changing needs of our customers.
- Customer’s Site Procedures or Instructions
Harrogate Automation Ltd is happy to adhere to any site procedures or instructions which the client has in place. The customer must communicate these to Harrogate Automation Ltd before the commencement of the Agreement so that all necessary steps can be taken to ensure compliance.
If you have any queries about the repair, maintenance or servicing of your gates please do not hesitate to contact us:
Telephone: 01423 560 053; or